Normanton Park garnered nationwide media attention when it went through one of the largest collective sales at S$830.1 million. Developed by Kingsford Huray, the developer has been embroiled in controversy earlier. You can read more about it here. Despite all the negative news involving the developer for their previous projects, Normanton Park is still one of the highly anticipated launches, promising a boost to new private home sales in the year 2021.
The price tag is exclusive of an estimated additional S$231.1 million to top up the lease back to 99-years. Additional S$283.4 million is needed to change the gross plot ratio of 2.1. These added costs translate to $969 per square foot (psf) per plot ratio (ppr).
Located in Kent Ridge, the old Normanton was an icon in that area with quite a history. Surrounded by greenery and water bodies, certain towers will enjoy a magnificent view.
Well connected with Ayer-Rajah Expressway (AYE), it will connect you seamlessly to Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE) and Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE). Besides the obvious way towards AYE Jurong, you can make use of alternative route West Coast Highway to travel westwards.
However, walking to the nearest MRT station will prove to be reasonably challenging. The nearest station Kent Ridge MRT station will be a good 16 minutes walk. Driving will cut it down to just 2 minutes, 6 minutes to Buona Vista MRT station, or 9 minutes to Harbourfront station.
Needless to say, National University of Singapore is under 5 minutes drive, Anglo-Chinese Junior College and Independent are under 6 minutes drive. Right next door will be United World College South East Asia (Dover Campus).
The entire Science Park is at your doorstep and the One-North hi-tech park is under 5 minutes drive as well. So it could be a potentially attractive investment property for some of you. If you are working in that area, life cannot be any more convenient for your commute to work.
The Villa collection will have direct pool access. Offering a different feeling to those who wish to experience what living in a landed property feels like. However, if you do have questions regarding landed properties, feel free to talk to us.
The developer has promised full smart home system for all the units. Although it is nothing new by today’s standards, it is a must and great feature for families.
Gain access to Holland Village, Star Vista and VivoCity all within 10 minutes drive.
Although one-third of the units launched have been sold, let us take a look at the pricing now to try to understand its performance.
For a 2 bedroom, a mid-floor unit will cost you about S$1,195,264 for a 667 square feet unit. That works out to be S$1,792 psf.
For a 2 bedroom premium, a mid-floor unit goes for S$1,334,550 for 775 square feet. Which translates to S$1,772 psf.
If we take a rough guide to the latest top-performing new launch, Clavon, and we apply the top floor pricing to second-top floor unit, it will be:
S$1,384,000 over 764 square feet which work out to be about S$1,812 psf.
So there you have it, although it is not a huge gap, given the absolute distance between Normanton to the city centre, Normanton is definitely slightly nearer by car.
However, the winning factor for Clavon will be its proximity to Clementi MRT station which is a huge advantage for investment, because you will not expect most expatriates to own a car.
Though we cannot deny that the cancelled High-Speed Rail has put a huge dent on the property prices in the west.
- 16 minutes walk to Kent Ridge MRT station (Circle Line)
- 2 minutes drive to Kent Ridge MRT station
- 6 minutes drive to Buona Vista MRT station
- 9 minutes drive to Harbourfront MRT station
- 10 minutes drive to Botanic Gardens MRT station
- Connected to AYE, a major expressway
- Further connected to KPE and MCE
- Ease of access to city-centre
- Close proximity to Science Park and Mapletree Business City
- Right near the door of One-North hi-tech park
- 8 minutes drive to Holland Village, famous lifestyle enclave
- 9 minutes drive to VivoCity, largest mall in Singapore
- 6 minutes to Star Vista by car
- Future-ready smart home systems for all units
- Major educational institutions nearby, National University of Singapore, Anglo-Chinese Junior College/(Independent), UWC SEA
- Surrounded by lush greenery and water bodies
- Come home to a tranquil and relaxed environment
- Enjoy 365 days of tranquility